ANCIENNE ABBAYE DE FONTAINE LE COMTE

 
86240 FONTAINE LE COMTE
 
 
Founded around 1130 by William VIII, Count of Poitou-duke of Aquitaine, the Abbey of Fontaine the Count first hosted a community of canons of St. Augustine.

This first period, very prosperous, ended with the Hundred Years War and the Wars of Religion. If parts of the abbey have suffered, the wood-vaulted church is well preserved. On the way to Santiago de Compostela, the abbey was a place of passage for the pilgrims.

Free visit except the cloister which can not be visited during the week from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm, Sunday from noon to 7:00 pm

Free visit of the Abbey site (outside the building) 24 hours a day

 
Localización
Información
 
MAP
Contacto

86240 FONTAINE LE COMTE

Idiomas

francés 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Oficina de Turismo de Poitiers
45, place Charles de Gaulle - BP 377 - 86009 Poitiers cedex
Tel. : +33(0)5 49 41 21 24 - Fax : +33(0)5 49 88 65 84 - póngase en contacto con nosotros por e-mail
Del 21 de septiembre al 19 de junio: de lunes a sábado de 09.30 a 18.00 horas.
Del 20 de junio al 18 de septiembre: de lunes a sábado de 10.00 a 19.00 horas.
El domingo de 10.00 a 18.00 horas